Google

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Meet Mr. Chuck Miller. He is my new "manual-labor" helper. Check him out banging on the last of the bulkheads I need to manufacture. Note the technique - or lack there of? Actually, this is Chuck's first attempt at building an aeroplane. I am showing him how to form the parts for the project. He kindly volunteered all his spare time that he had once promised his wife for painting their bedroom! Now I have him slaving away in my hot "sweat-shop" garage making aeroplane parts, and he loves it! Chuck says "It beats painting a bedrooms!?" I should enslave my nephew Johnny Breneman too for making me get my hands dirty on his "rent-a-plane". Sigh! I have learned that my purpose in life is to fix things that others have broken...

Anyways, I found Chuck Miller milling around the Sutter Co. Airport (O52) one day when I was working on my Piper Cub. His eyes looking forlornly at my Cub (obviously wanting a ride) as he had not made use of his Private Pilot's license in many years. The sucker I am for puppy-dog eyes, I jammed him into the little Cub and gave him a ride down the river. You should have seen the feces-eating-grin on his face after the flight - you coulda fit a bananna in sideways! Now, he's a regular "Joe-Bag-of-Donuts" (aka-balast) in my Cub. I suppose he owes me some manual labor, pounding out aeroplane parts, for those rides - eh? Check him out wielding that rubber mallet - he'll be a pro at this stuff real quickly, as long as his wife doesn't sequester him to paint!?!? She'd better not - I have a whole lot of ribs to manufacture yet!

Speaking of paint - what kind of color scheme/design do you readers out there think I should paint my Prowler-Jag when it is finally complete? Any suggestions? Leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you all...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

homebuilt Ring Your Internet tour guide to
Homebuilt Aircraft
WANT TO JOIN THE RING?
Next
site
PREV 5 | SKIP PREV | PREV | NEXT | SKIP NEXT | NEXT 5 | RANDOM | LIST SITES